Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Lip liner, brussel sprouts, and friendship.

I wore fake eyelashes three times last week. I think that's a new record since Miss America. I've also started wearing lip liner... It's never been a regular thing for me. I know, shocking and I apologize Kristen White. It's an incredible tool though. If you haven't discovered it you're missing out. The most important part of my three things are the veggies! I've tried to incorporate more veggies into my diet lately. I have an obsession with brussel sprouts. Del Frisco's Grille in Buckhead has the most AMAZING ones. I got to eat an entire little pot of them on my birthday with some people who mean the world to me. My birthday was absolutely spectacular. I spent it with almost every person who has helped me succeed not only in pageantry but in life. It really made me realize how important it is to keep a close group of people who want to lift you higher and to never surround yourself with negativity. I then got to spend the Friday after my birthday with all my girl friends. It was entertaining to say the least... I'll leave it at that.

The Miss Fulton County pageant was this past Saturday. I always enjoy being in the audience and cheering on the girls because I know exactly how they feel. The feeling you get when they call your name out is unlike any other. It makes my heart smile when I see the genuine excitement in a girl's eyes when her name is called out. Brooke Doss is the new Miss Fulton County! This will be her first year at Miss Georgia. I couldn't help but think about the first time I won a prelim. I was Miss Historic Southern Plains 2011 and I cried like I had just won Miss America. There really is no other way to describe the feeling you get the first time you realize that you are going to Miss Georgia. It didn't matter to me if I won or lose at state, I was going to Miss Georgia! Two other girls were crowned this past weekend. Emily Bordon is the new Miss Augusta and Hilary Pulos is the new Miss Savannah River. I am so thrilled for all three of these girls!

I promised you I would post some healthy recipes and workouts! I've been getting super crafty in the kitchen lately... One thing I LOVE to make for breakfast that takes no time is my healthy breakfast "muffin."
Healthy Breakfast "Muffin" Ingredients 
1 pack of organic quick oats
1 egg or 2 egg whites 
1 1/2 tablespoons of unsweetened vanilla almond milk 
1 Stevia packet 
Dash of cinnamon 
You can also add in any fruit you want. I love to add blueberries. 
*add all ingredients into coffee mug and microwave for 1 min and 30-45 seconds
*empty out of mug and enjoy! 



I've come to the conclusion that my life will always be a balance of the unexpected. Young girls post how inspiring and "perfect" I am on social media. I'm a "woman crush Wednesday" every once and awhile and somehow the word "perfect" is typed by them. I am flattered, don't get me wrong. But I have a huge confession... I'm not perfect. In fact, I'm way more flawed than the sweet 12 year old girl who tweets at me. I've made more mistakes than I can count and I still make them as Miss Georgia. I'm a human being and unfortunately since almost the beginning of our existence we've been sinning. Every single one of us... even Miss Georgia. Thankfully, God gives us more chances to be the children he wants us to be. I know now that the mistakes make you who you are if you can learn from them. And believe me, I've learned A LOT in my 23 years of life. Remember to always surround yourself with people who want to lift you higher and who will love you even when you aren't that lovable. That's who you need to stick with. I've got a ride or die group of friends and I wouldn't trade them for all the money in the world.


Miss University of Georgia and Miss Troup County are this weekend! I'm so excited to return to Athens and watch the Miss UGA pageant. Good luck to the girls competing in both! Do it for YOU.

xoxo - Carly