Friday, March 28, 2014

"There's a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in."

I haven't blogged in awhile. I'm not the best at sitting down for a large amount of time to spill my feelings, experiences, and emotions on a computer. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram are more my forte but it's about time that I take time to update y'all on my life... Here goes...

So my journey as Miss Georgia ends in three months. I have a lot of mixed emotions. It has no doubt been the best year of my life. I get emotional thinking about the incredible things that I've experienced. Sometimes I really don't know what I did to have all the blessings that I have. But then I remember that our God is a loving God and he is constantly doing what is best for us. This is a concept that I had months ago but had somehow forgot recently. I was pushing for things that didn't need to happen when there were clear and HUGE signs that it was not the right time nor would ever be. If He shuts a door or throws some sort of curve ball your way, there's always a reason and there's always a lesson. The past few months have taught me that. Although it has been one of the best years of my life, it has also been one of the hardest. But I know everything that has happened was a lesson sent from Him. And things I may have thought were right a few months ago, were not in His plan and I'm trusting in His vision, in His plan for my life.

I HAVE A JOB. This is a serious announcement. One thing I was so worried about and have fortunately been blessed with that the least expected time. I have taken on the role as and executive assistant/administration manager at the Drapac Group, a real estate investment company. I have been working part time for the past month and will work up to full time after my reign as Miss Georgia ends. It's not what I went to school for but it's a job, it's a blessing, and I've enjoyed it so much so far! I can't wait to see where else it leads.

The past few months as Miss Georgia have been crazy, busy, but SO SO SO rewarding. The Miss Georgia class of 2014 is complete and we will soon meet the next Miss Georgia. I'm thrilled for another girl to experience what I have. I can't wait for her to experience Miss America. But I really can't wait for her to experience the love, support, and inspiration I have this year. My life is forever changed and I have an entire new outlook on life. I had a quick second to sit down tonight and write for you all and I promise I'll try to update with more specific things that go on in the life of Miss Georgia during these last three months. Thank you to those who have been there and believed in me continuously... even when I didn't believe in myself.

"There's a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in."

xoxo