Sunday, September 15, 2013

Finish the drill...

There is no way to describe how loved I have felt the past two weeks. There is no way to write down exactly how I am feeling at this very moment. However, I can honestly say the past two weeks in Atlantic City have changed the way I look at the world. Spending time with 52 of the brightest women in the country has given me hope for the future. I admire every single contestant for their bravery and dedication to this organization. Each girl would be an incredible Miss America. Unfortunately, there can only be one. Although I would love for that to be me, I know whoever is chosen can and will be able to handle the job. My experience here has been like night and day from my experience at Miss Georgia. I pray that each state can see just how supportive we have all been to each other and realize that it is more than a pageant. God decided who will be the next Miss America before any of us were born. I am comforted in the fact alone. I have no regrets for the way I performed and was nothing but myself. I WORKED to get where I am and especially WORKED to have the body that won a swimsuit prelim. No lipo or weird weight loss surgeries. No fad diets. Just 8,000 sit ups and lunges. Sweat and tears led me to this moment and I am perfectly at peace. Thank you to everyone who has believed in me and the person I am. No matter what happens I want everyone to know how happy I am of my performance and there will be no disappointment. God has a plan and it is greater than I could ever imagine. Jeremiah 29:11.