Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Dancing through the fire...

I've thought about what I was going to write after the pageant and I wanted to wait a day or so to let everything sink in. Sunday night was one of the best nights of my life... Ok I take that back it was probably the best day ever. It's like all of your dreams thrown into one night. Everything you ever worked for swirled into a pot and made into a perfect night. I'm going to start out by saying I was lucky. There were other women left on that stage Sunday night that were just as talented and qualified to be in the top 10. I am still so humbled to be one chosen. I was very calm the entire time I was there. After I walked out of interview, I knew they either loved me or thought I was a complete goof ball. But hey, that's me y'all... When they called my name Sunday night it's as if all my troubles and cares went flying out the window. I had the same feeling I had when you was 10 years old on Christmas morning. Your stomach starts to flutter and you're so giddy you can't even stand it. I was so happy... anything after top 15 was a blessing. My name was called two more times that night and I got the same feeling each time. I was able to perform EVERYTHING except answering a question. If you didn't know, Miss CT and I are best friends. We were called out back to back in the top 15 and made it to the 10 together. Talk about perfect. I could not have asked for more. I want to also use this blog to address a few things...

Yes, my sweet dog has met the President. In fact, my entire family has except for me. When the Obama's when to Panama City after the Gulf oil spill my parents met them while they were out at lunch. President Obama looked at Sable and said "Well, if I had known you were going to be here I would have brought Bo." How cool is that? They didn't shake hands, but she got a pat on the head from Mr. President.

I've already addressed this once, but I have not had liposuction. Good grief, come on people. And I haven't had my nose done. If you look at my entire family you would realize we all have the same nose. No girl that competed was perfect but we try to present our best self at all times. If you don't like the way we look or think someone else had a better body just keep it to yourself. Think of how you would feel in 5 inch heels and close to no clothes at all on stage. Scary thought huh? I could go on forever about this topic but I'll stop there... 

My evening gown... I was absolutely in love with it. It was my style which is why I was so proud to wear it. Thank you so much to Tony Bowls and W.C. Webb for seeing my vision and making the gown of my dreams. I would not have wanted to wear anything else on that stage. 

I was absolutely blessed this year at Miss America. And especially blessed to have so many incredible people behind me. My family, friends, and the most amazing board/prep team in the country. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I am so proud of myself and proud to have represented Georgia. My year as Miss Georgia doesn't stop here. I still have the job until the end of June and you better believe I'm going to cherish every moment. I can't wait for another girl to experience what I did. I tear up every time I think of my experience. It was absolutely perfect and more than I could have ever imagined. I didn't win and I wasn't what the celebrity judges were looking for at the end, but they at least liked me a little bit. Lance Bass kind of liked me... I can't even fathom that concept. Nina, our new Miss America, is the epitome of strength. She has already been through so much, but she has handled it with grace. That's what Miss America is all about. I'm so proud of her and can't wait to see what she does this year! Thank you again for all the UNCONDITIONAL love and support. I did my best. I have absolutely no regrets. That's more than I could have ever asked for. 


I think all 53 of the contestants would agree our theme song this week was "Roar" by Katy Perry. We've all had troubles, none of us are perfect, and we've worked so hard to get where we are. 

You held me down, but I got up 
                                                             Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder gonna shake the ground
You held me down, but I got up 
Get ready ’cause I’ve had enough
I see it all, I see it now
I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
'Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar




There are so many people I want to thank but I'll start with wardrobe/sponsors/glam squad first... 
Interview and walk on: Gregory Ellenburg
Opening number: Joseph Ribkoff and Pink and Pepper Shoes 
Walk on, visitation dresses, and way more: Scott Marchbanks at Frills 
On stage question: Keith Pittman at Lasting Impressions 
Evening gown: Tony Bowls and W.C. Webb at the Parlor Boutique
Talent: Tony Bowls and W.C. Webb for my gown. Bill Wolfe for my arrangement. Thomas Barnette for making sure it was perfect and I was able to perform it to the best of my ability. 
Swimsuit: Miss America by Catalina. Stephen Smith for pushing me to be my best self. I'll never forget that swimsuit win. Thank you. Kaylin Reque, thank you for helping me ignite forest fires with my walk.
Parade: Randall Smith and Raydale Jones. Everyone loved my fabulous peach costume and it was fabulous none the less!
To the glam squad... Kristen White, Stephen Smith, Thomas Barnette, Randall Smith... No words. You are all the reason I am who I am today. Our journey doesn't end here. Thank you for always believing in me. 
Galen Kovash and Greg Blazer: We have laughed more this year than anything else. Thank you for always believing me. I can't wait to spend more time together this year! 
Snooky, Oz, the rest of the Miss GA board, and the Miss Atlanta board: Thank you for supporting me and loving me. I have never felt so much love. 
My family (Mom, Daddy, Tripp, Nana, Papaw, Meme, Aunt Alta, my cousins): Thank you for loving me no matter what and keeping me grounded. I'll never forget where I came from... Partly because yall will show me pictures of when I was socially awkward ha! I love you guys to the moon and back. 
Leslie, Devon, Taylor, Lindsay, Jess, Elizabeth, Dianna, Tori: Thank you for being the best most supportive friends a girl could ask for. 
The patties: Leslie, Bri, Cassie, Malone, Colleen, Court, Mary Ashley, Ama
Leighton and Mrs. Clemmie: Thank you for always being a light. Your support and love will stay with me forever. I love you both so much. 

There are many more people I need to thank and I will but that's just a start... Another blog post to come.