Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Climb

The title of this blog is so appropriate to how the last few weeks have been. It has truly been a climb.  Yes, it has been stressful. Yes, I am now battling a cold probably caused from stress. However, I have already experienced some of the greatest moments of my life and I'm not even at Miss America yet. I am finalizing all of my wardrobe and have mock interviews every week. My body is sore all the time but I have never felt more confident about myself! Stephen Smith, my trainer, is truly amazing. There are trials that affect us every day. Some are big and some are small. I started writing this yesterday and of course I now have something else on my mind. It's crazy how everything can change in an instant. God works in mysterious ways that's for sure. I know He has a grand plan and it's all up to Him! I have not had the opportunity to sit down long enough to write a new blog post and for that I apologize. The good news is... I LEAVE FOR MISS AMERICA IN 12 DAYS!!! *I think I can... I think I can... I know I can...* 12 more days until I begin the most important journey of my life. I have worked my entire life for this day and I want to thank each person who has stayed by my side through thick and thin. Being a state titleholder is a hard job. This job is extremely demanding and sometimes it is not as glamorous as people would think, but it is wonderful! This is something that a lot of people will never experience. I want everyone to know that I will never take this opportunity for granted. I'm the kind of person that wants to make everyone happy. It's just how I was raised. The past few months I've learned that sometimes you're put into situations where you can't make everyone happy. It's just unrealistic. You just have to do your best with what you're given and that's all you can do. I have been given the this incredible opportunity to make a difference. My life hasn't been perfect and it never will be. That's what I want people to understand. I want people to know that no matter what life throws at you, it's going to be ok. Just a little vent for the day...

So what have I been up to? Goodness, it's hard to even remember everything that has been going on. I was in Orlando last week to watch my beautiful teen, Kelly Hutchinson, compete for the title of Miss America's Outstanding Teen. She represented the state of Georgia so well and I was SO proud of her! I know she has BIG things to look forward to! I also met the 52 other women who will be applying for the same job as me! Every contestant I met was so warm and full of life. I couldn't believe I was surrounded by so many incredible women my age. We led the parade at Disney World and signed autographs. It was a pretty perfect week! We didn't even have to say goodbye because we all get to see each other again so soon.

I am now finalizing wardrobe and have almost received all of it. That has been a nerve wracking experience with the pageant being in September but it is all coming together! My send off party is THIS Sunday at the Cunningham Center in Columbus at 3 PM. Please come if you are in the area! I will be showing the wardrobe that I have but some of it is not completely finished yet. As I end this short blog, I want to again thank everyone who has supported me. Also, a HUGE thank you to my incredible sponsors. I am still in awe... Just so in awe of this entire experience. I may not always understand why things happen in life or why curveballs are thrown at the most unexpected times but God is good... and because He lives I can face tomorrow.

Please continue watching my America's Choice video on YouTube and vote at missamerica.org/videocontest :)